"This line is tapped. So, I must be brief. They got to you first, but they underestimated how important you are. If they knew what I know, then you'd probably be dead."
"What are you talking about?"
"You are the one. You see, you may have spent the last few years looking for me, but I have spent a lifetime looking for you..."
-The Matrix, Neo's first conversation with his liberator.
It has been awhile, hasn't it? I tried some inspirational content. Worked in some half-hearted attempt at something like a "thingy of the month". But then "it" happened.
What "happened", friends and neighbors, was the punchline to all of the jokes that I've slathered on this space since sometime in 2001. We have, as a nation, come to realize all of those things that HAD to be coming, based on our patterns, our culture, and our tendencies.
- We --perhaps not you nor I, but this nation-- elected a guy to a second term as President who is determined to destroy the very fabric that has held us together for a long time. This nation did so because it was unable to focus on those particular aspects that make us free: The Bill of Rights and the separation of powers in the three articles of the constitution along with the tenth amendment.
- Despite the overwhelming and mind-destroyingly egregious manner in which our rights have been tread upon, NOBODY REALLY MINDS THAT MUCH. Thus, we find ourselves in the pot of boiling toads that we discussed a long time ago. Stewing in a roiling, tepid broth, shocked that it has come to this at last...
It was and is, my worst fear. I'll turn it over to Morpheous:
"I imagine that right now, you feel a bit like Alice? Tumbling down the Rabbit hole? I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who expects what he sees, because he's waiting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate?"
"Because I don't like to believe that I'm not in control of my own life."
"I know EXACTLY what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. But there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is. But it's there...
Like a splinter in your mind. Driving you mad. It is that feeling that has brought you to me.
Do you know what I'm talking about?"
"Do you want to know...what IT is? The Matrix is everywhere, it is all around us. Even now, in this room. You can see it when you look out your window, or turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work. When you go to church. When you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."
"That you are a slave."
-The Matrix, Neo's second conversation with his liberator
1) "This is not Vietnam, Smokey. We have rules here."
What sent me over the edge was a facebook post from that sage, Dan Mainville. It was a "open mic oopsie" by the current Egyptian government. I'll give you a few minutes to check this out (watch the vid at the bottom of the story) http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/12/im-very-fond-of-battles-egyptian-cabinet-minister-caught-on-hot-mic-discussing-war-with-enemies-israel-and-america/
This is the latest of many stories that have been dragged across our desk over the past weeks. It documents, in live television and streaming video, that a nation who we donated $1,300,000,000 to last month is casually referring to us as an "enemy", along with Israel. Because Ethiopia is building a hydroelectric dam on the Nile.
Look, I've read Bismarck. I've taken the command and staff class. I know that we give money to foriegn nations for ACCESS to that country whenever we might need to fly into or over that nation to kick the shit out of someone. But this is beyond anything. The people at that table, before they even realized that they were being broadcast live and on TV, "calmly" and resolutely plotted against us.
Did you see that on any major news network? I didn't think so. This sent me over the edge. Inconsolable. That's enough, by God...THAT is ENOUGH...
2) "Dozer, when you're done, take her up to broadcast depth. We're going in. I'm taking Neo to see her."
Here it comes. The slavery that is being pulled over your eyes. One incident at a time. Episodically, like a baseball game...
- "The Administration announced today that Vice President Joe Biden is to lead a task force aimed at increasing gun control in the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy."
- "Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said today that he likes it in the ass, and wants every single service member on active duty to acknowledge his right to enjoy it. Following his announcement, he sodomized the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff until they liked it. Any like-minded service member is henceforth free to do the same to his chain of command without any repercussions deriving from existing articles in the Uniform Code of Military Justice."
- "The White House today confirmed that it changed the Benghazi talking points twelve times before those talking points were released to congress..."
- "Today, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, along with the Secretary of Defense, call upon all service branches to develop a plan to include females in combat-arms branches of the service, or else prepare to suffer the Spanish Inquisition."
- "The IRS confirmed that agents targeted right wing applicants for higher scrutiny once they filed for non-profit status."
- "Right wing organizations confirm today that the IRS questioned them regarding the names of their donors and what they ate last week for lunch."
- "The Associated Press confirmed today that the Department of Justice sodomized them repeatedly regarding the exact identity of their sources and bludgeoned a FoxNews reporter's civil rights into a bloody pulp in order to make us safer."
- "Today, the Washington Post confirmed that the NSA is tracking the phone history, emails, and browser history of millions of Americans."
- "Today the State Department's Office of Inspector General acknowledged that diplomatic security teams repeatedly purchased the services of whores, but were not investigated because they were told to cease and desist."
- "The Obama Administration announced today deep cuts in the Defense Department as a result of budget sequestration. Active duty Marines and Sailors immediately commissioned a car wash at the corner of Adobe Ave. and Two-Mile Rd. to raise money for Operations and Maintenance funds to cover training costs for the rest of the Fiscal Year."
- New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg pays $350,000 to take out ads to admonish Democratic Senators who voted against additional gun control measures.
- "The Deputy Director of the IRS pleads the fifth today under questioning from the House Oversight Committee."
So, we've managed in the above continuing litany, to emasculate the military culture while besieging the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th Amendments.
There seems to be little freedom of the press or free expression/thought (The IRS hounding of right wing groups and the invasion into the sources of the AP and FoxNews.)
- Biden is plotting, in his bed right now with Mike Bloomberg, snuggling and whispering post-coitus, various and sundry ways to disarm us. The state of California is in the process of banning anything that doesn't load from the muzzle. Chicago surpasses Baghdad in number of deaths due to gun violence over the past twelve months.
- The NSA has been granted authority by a judge sitting in a so-called "FISA" court to pull "metadata" from Verizon. Meanwhile, a former tech from NSA exposes a rather comprehensive plan to pull data from Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo, Google, and AOL servers.
Here's the problem. Despite all of this, there has been no independent counsel appointed, there are not armies of congressional investigators marching into the State Department, looking for the truth about Benghazi and the malfeasance of the diplomatic security details. No corps of independent counsel questioners goose-stepping into the IRS to get actual records that will indict those responsible for the witch-hunt against conservative Americans. Not a single peep has been addressed directly to the President about anything of substance, while I desire above all things to see everyone in the West Wing subpoenaed and questioned at length about everything from the Benghazi debacle, to the IRS director's 157 meetings with the President, to what he knew about the Attorney Generals beef with the AP and Fox, to why he is reading this blog right now via PRISM.
I see no one besides Rand Paul raising a single eye-brow follicle over the NSA's push to know EVERYTHING about EVERYBODY. I don't see anybody on a national level, outside of the NRA, countering the rank stupidity of that Bloomberg asshole from New York City and the other members of his mayoral circle-jerk. Through it all, everyone seems okay with just going along, waiting to see how it all comes out in the news. Meanwhile, the administration sends low-level minions out to answer Congress and the people.
Fuck Jay Carney, I want to hear an explanation from the Commander in Chief about why he wants to emasculate the military culture, while restricting the ability of the press to report on the government, while his VP wants to take my guns, and why I don't have an expectation of privacy while I conduct daily business on a cell phone and on my computer. I'd like him to give a detailed explanation of why the only constitutional amendment mentioned by any member of his administration is the fifth amendment, which was only brought up to avoid telling the truth about why the first and fourth amendment rights of American citizens has been actively violated by the IRS.
It's as if we have all given up, in some cynical overture to the inevitable political cover-up and spin that we've seen in every administration since Kennedy, that the will of the people is irrelevant and will be ignored.
This is an assault on the Bill of Rights. It is as plain as the nose on your face. It is not racist to decry injustice, just due to the fact that the sitting President is a man of color. It is never wrong to stand up to this kind of despotism. Don't let the sheer tonnage of the accusations hanging over this administration distract you from your justifiable moral outrage.
Aristotle pointed out that it is just as vicious to suffer injustice needlessly as it was to be over-sensitive about any perceived transgression. If one allows the state to trample on his rights without protest, then he is as much to blame as the tyrant doing the trampling.
Read my writing on the wall,
If ignorance is bliss,
Then knock the smile off of my face...
If we don't take action now,
we'll settle for nothing later.
If we settle for nothing now,
we'll settle for nothing later.
Normally, I end on that kind of a quote. But not tonight. This is too vital. I've been saying this for years but that doesn't matter either. What I need you all to do, all of you who read this, is to Google the constitution and read it. You have to read it and the amendments. You need to inform yourselves of rights that you might be unfamiliar with. Know them and be very aware of issues that effect them. Tweet the fucking things (most are well under 140 characters). Tell your friends. Share them on your Facebook feed. SHOUT THESE RIGHTS FROM A THREE STORY WINDOW. If the above message is too crass, fine. Don't share it, but for the love of all that is holy, START GETTING PISSED OFF. Paraphrase it in whatever tone you feel comfortable with. But DO something.
People who currently sit in seats of inscrutable power need to go to jail for this.
Not publicly humiliated.
Not minimum-security detention, but a genuine Federal Pound Me In The Ass facility. And it needs to happen now.
People, I love each and everyone of you. It gives me no pleasure to say that your government does not. They want to enslave you, in the worst way. They are doing so, easily. And we are going out without as much as a shout, but as sheep being led to slaughter, or worse, as chattel being led to the field to till, return from our labor, consume, surf the monitored web, sleep, and go out and do it all again.
Please, raise a stink. Get mad. Be effective. Tell somebody.
Immundus saecula saeculorum,